Pigmentation Treatment in Singapore
In this article you can read about solutions for Pigmentation Treatment in Singapore. There are a few solutions like using Laser/light (Pigment Laser, Ellipse I2PL Pigment Treatment, Dual Yellow Laser Treatment) or Chemical Peels.
1. There are many different kinds of skin pigmentation. Common pigmentary conditions include eg. solar lentigenes, freckles, melasma, etc. For superficial epidermal pigment, pigment lasers (ie. 532 laser or Ruvy-Touch laser) can be used to treat these conditions.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
The pigment lesions are usually pre-treated with a depigmentation cream eg. hydroquinone 4% cream applied twice a day for 3-4 weeks before laser is performed.
On the day of the laser treatment, the face is cleansed and numbing cream applied. Oral analgesics can be prescribed, depending on the pain threshold of the patient. The 532 laser or Ruvy-Touch laser is applied to the pigment, which results in erythema and a mild frosting to appear. A mild topical steroid and sun screen is applied thereafter. Over the course of 5-10 days, the treated area will scab and fall off, leading to lightening of the pigment.
2. Pigmentation Treatment in Singapore – Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) directs high intensity pulses of light into the skin to treat various skin problems. IPL systems work in the same way as lasers – light energy is absorbed by certain target cells in the skin. This light energy is then transformed into heat energy, which causes damage to the target cells. Unlike lasers, however, IPL delivers many wavelengths (or colours) in each pulse of light instead of just one wavelength.
WHAT CAN ELLIPSE TREAT?
Ellipse can be used for many purposes
- Photorejuvenation – Remove age spots, uneven pigmentation, redness and telangiectasias (visible blood vessels) on your face, neck, chest and hands. It is a quick and simple treatment that does not interfere with your normal daily routine. Click on the video clip below to see how Ellipse photorejuvenation is done.
- Hair removal
- Treatment of vascular lesions
3. Pigmentation Treatment in Singapore- The Dual Yellow Laser is FDA-approved for the treatment of vascular and benign pigmented lesions. It is based on an advanced copper bromide laser technology and is able to treat a wide range of skin conditions eg. vascular lesions, melasma, acne, etc. It is also very efficacious for overall skin rejuvenation, leading to brighter and smoother skin.
WHAT IS MELASMA?
Melasma is a benign pigmentory skin disorder that occurs commonly in Asian skin. Although it can affect anyone, it is more commonly found in women, especially pregnant women, those on systemic contraception eg. oral contraceptive pills, intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD), etc; and hormone replacement therapy.
They appear as symmetrical dark patches over the cheeks, upper brow, temples and sides of the forehead.
4. Pigmentation Treatment in Singapore- A chemical peel involves the application of a chemical solution to the surface of the skin. The solution penetrates the skin layers and breaks up dead cells to carefully remove the outer layers of skin. This process stimulates the skin to renew itself, resulting in a healthier and more radiant complexion.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELS?
There are three main types of peels depending on the chemical agent used and the amount of skin removed: superficial, medium-depth and deep peels. J Laser and Aesthetics Clinic offers the popular medium-depth Jessner’s peel. The peeling agent contains three main ingredients: lactic and salicylic acids which help to remove dead skin cells, as well as resorcinol which assists in the treatment of acne or pimples.
HOW CAN CHEMICAL PEELS HELP YOUR SKIN?
Chemical peels can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, scars, sun damage, pigmentation and acne. Although they are most commonly used on the face, chemical peels can also rejuvenate the skin on the back of the hands and the décolletage area, which can give away your age as much as your face.
J Laser and Aesthetics Clinic is a premium medical aesthetics clinic located in the heart of Health City (Novena) at Royal Square Medical Suites @ Novena. Contact us at +65 64513313 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.